Posted By Mark Shem,
Sunday, October 10, 2010
Updated: Friday, April 25, 2014
| Comments (0)
by Mark Shem, SCCBA 2010 President
[reprinted from the October, 2010, Daily Journal, SCCBA Monthly Newsletter]
It's fall, and the year is almost over. I am writing to report on two ongoing initiatives. October is Pro Bono month, and the SCCBA has recently signed a contract with a provider to drastically redesign our website.
The SCCBA website is undergoing a major redesign this year that will give members new functionality, an upgraded look and exciting new features. The new site will be ready to launch in the first quarter of 2011. The website will have a re-designed homepage that will provide all the latest information about the Association, the courts, continuing legal education and events, significant member benefits and committee/section information, and updated daily news and cases-all at a glance and within one click. SCCBA members will be able to easily find and use everything they need to actively participate in the SCCBA and the legal community, all on line. Here are just some of the new features coming in 2011:
- Membership Directory: Pictorial, searchable and printable.
- Membership Portal: Will provide members a place to log in and review their current participation within the Association, including review and modify membership information and participation in committees and sections, events, and CLE credits. Members will be notified of outstanding invoices, including dues renewal and may print them and make payments online.
- Daily Case Summaries: Daily case summaries of state and federal appellate opinions will be accessible on-line as well as through the daily case summary email.
- Targeted Electronic Communication: Electronic communications will be more tailored to members' expressed interest and activities within the Association, and they will have an updated look and feel and easily identifiable in the member's inbox.
- CLE Transcripts On Demand: Members, through the Member Portal, will be able to view all attended CLE programs and print a transcript for submission to the State Bar, liability insurance carriers or for any other use.
- Public Directory Portal: Members who wish to have their profiles available to the public and not just to SCCBA members will be able to post their profiles in the public directory search by name, location, and practice area.
- CLE/Event Registration: Easy access to CLE programs and events on line and easy to use event registration with the ability to directly import CLE programs and events into Outlook with the click of your mouse.
- On-Line Streaming Video CLE: This feature is available on the current website will continue to be available on the new website.
- Career Center: Access to local and national databases of job postings.
OCTOBER IS PRO BONO MONTH
Please join us on the evening of October 25, 2010 when the SCCBA recognizes our colleagues who have donated their time and effort to pro bono activities. At the beginning of the year, I challenged our members to increase the number of reported hours this year by 25%. I hope to report next month if we reached that goal.
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE NEWLY ELECTED OFFICERS
Congratulations to Mindy Morton, Bob Chastain and Steve Haley on their election to the offices of President-Elect, Secretary and Treasurer, respectively. They assume office on January 1, 2011. Shannon Stein automatically assumes the Presidency. The Association continues to be in good hands.
This post has not been tagged.