Posted By Paula Collis,
Thursday, August 11, 2016
| Comments (0)
SAN JOSÉ, California (August 11, 2016): The Superior Court of California, County of Santa Clara provides the following advisories, which remain in effect for this week.
- Jury selection is continuing for some Criminal departments. Individuals summoned for jury duty should continue to utilize existing practices prescribed on their summons to see if they are needed until they have been formally dismissed by the Court.
- Those who have hearings scheduled should plan to come to Court. If a hearing cannot go forward due to staffing shortages, another date will be provided at that time.
- Matters unable to be processed due to closure will not be treated as delinquent upon restoration of court operations.
- The Self-Help Center remains open on a limited basis.
- Those wishing to speak to Court personnel by phone should expect higher than usual wait/return call times.
- The Family Clerk’s Office at Park Center Plaza is closed today, Thursday, 8/11 – however, requests for emergency orders will be processed at this location.
- The Civil Clerk’s Office will close early at noon today, Thursday, 8/11.
- Clerk’s Offices at the following locations are closed; however, filings or payments placed in the drop boxes at each of these locations will be processed: Sunnyvale (Family), Terraine (Drug/Mental Health), Morgan Hill (Criminal), Palo Alto (Criminal), Santa Clara (Traffic), Terraine (Juvenile Dependency), Guadalupe (Juvenile Justice), and Hall of Justice (Criminal).
- All essential functions are being maintained and cases being are hearing on a limited basis, including: 1) Criminal Proceedings, 2) Family Law, 3) Juvenile Dependency, 4) Juvenile Justice, 5) Mental Health Competency, 6) Conservatorships/Guardianships, 7) Civil Harassment, 8) Unlawful Detainer, 9) Temporary Restraining Orders and Preliminary Injunctions and 10) Traffic
*ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED ABOVE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE*
This post has not been tagged.